General Postgraduate Admission Requirements
- A completed Admission application form (A2). (All parts of the application form must be carefully completed.)
- Attested copies of Bachelor’s certificate and transcripts as approved by the MOE;
- Three recent photos
- Valid copy of Applicant’s Passport and Valid Residence Visa copy (for expats only)
- UAE National ID (all nationalities)
- A TOEFEL score of 550 (paper based) or 213 (computer based) or 79 (iBT) or submit a score of 6.0 on IELTS or other internationally recognized equivalent test score as approved by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research (MOE), UAE. The students transferring from other institution to AFU must also meet the same English language requirement. There are two exceptions to this requirement.
- A non-refundable application and admission fee of 1,000 UAE Dirham.
1. A student with a recognized Bachelor degree with a CGPA below 3.0 on a scale of 4.0 and meets the English Language competency requirements for general admission may be granted conditional admission provided he/she:
- Takes a maximum of nine credit hours in the first semester of study
- Must achieve an overall grade point average of 3 on a scale of 4, or its established equivalent, in the first semester studied for the program.
2. A student with a recognized Bachelor degree and a TOEFL score of 530(197 CBT, 71iBT) or its equivalent on another standardized test approved by CAA may be granted conditional admission provided he/she:
- Must achieve a TOEFL score of 550 or equivalent by the end of the first semester of study
- May take a maximum of 6 credit hours in the first semester of study (Intensive English Courses in not included)
Must achieve a CGPA of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0