Software & Web Developer -Arab National
- Closure Date : August 10, 2021
- Reference Number : IT-01/2020-2021
Job Description Summary
This Administrator role is an experienced-level position responsible for configuring, maintaining, and overseeing the college’s Learning Management System (LMS) application and University’s IT environment. The primary responsibility is for optimizing LMS application performance, documenting the operation and support processes and procedures related to the LMS application. You are required to collaborate with Head of IT, faculty, and Instructional Support to establish policies, processes and procedures related to maintenance, update, upgrade, integration, and development of the LMS application and environment. You will be expected to work with other IT areas and/or third-party services to maintain a secure, highly available and fault tolerant LMS environment.
- Configure, administer, maintain, update, and document the Moodle LMS environment;
Supervise the security, performance, and fault-tolerance of the Moodle LMS environment.
- Partner with related campus administrators to support integration of other related applications.
- Participate in the initiation and completion of projects involving the Moodle LMS environment, including Microsoft Teams, Online Exam solution and SharePoint integration.
- Consult faculty, and other campus users of the LMS environment to support the integration and development of features and customizations for the Moodle LMS application
- Communicate maintenance windows and issue resolution to campus community;
Oversee relationships with related vendors and host providers, enforcing SLA and support expectations.
- Respond to inquiries and requests from users for Moodle-related assistance as escalated through the support process.
- Analyze, design, develop and refine programming code for new software development and product enhancements based on requirements specification.
- Correct errors by making appropriate changes and rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced.
- Experienced free thinker who can suggest ways to improve our solutions while at the same time can provide clear and concise reasoning to back up their position.
- Mentor staff by leveraging previous experiences and relating them to current issues.
- Assess software problems or business process issues and determine suitable programming solutions.
- Conduct training of programs and software applications in group.
- Priority shall be given (in order) to nationals of the United Arab Emirates, GCC nationals, and other expats.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5 years of experience (Software Engineer),
- Proven experience with Moodle API and integration with Moodle plugins and third-party systems
- Proficiency in both Arabic and English language, spoken and written.
- Strong communication skills, courteous and people friendly personality.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments/projects
- Good knowledge and experience in ORACLE technology (SQL, PL /SQL, forms & reports), Oracle, MySQL and other RDBMS PHP & Java.