Assistant/Associate Professor Arabic Linguistics
Closure Date: Jun 30,2020
Reference Number: COAH:03/2020
Qualification: Assistant Professor or Associate Professor
The Assistant Professor or Associate Professor will be expected to:
- Model best practices in disciplinary teaching and learning and ensure instructional quality and the use of current curricula, as well as up-to-date textbooks, teaching software, and the incorporation of practical experiences
- Be an active researcher, committed to research-led teaching
- Ensure effective academic advising to students registered within the college.
- Work on Committees to advance the work of the college and the University
- Engage in Community Service and promote the achievements of the College, within as well as outside AFU
- Other related responsibilities as assigned by the head of college.
Qualification & General Conditions:
- PhD Degree in Arabic linguistics
- UAE Degree equivalency by the Ministry of Education, UAE
- Priority shall be given (in order) to nationals of the United Arab Emirates, GCC nationals, and expats.
- Candidates with at least three years of successful experience at an accredited university in the UAE.
- Successful candidate must have evidence of a strong research agenda, student advising and community service
Note:Candidates outside UAE can apply for the position, upon joining they have 1 month to apply for degree equivalency by the Ministry of Education UAE