Duties & Responsibilities
- Providing Leadership and supervising all activities planning, organizing and coordination in line with AFU goals, policies and objectives.
- Applying and maintaining AFU structure, and employment to successfully achieve the University’s goals and objectives, including recruitment, training, supervision, professional development, and evaluation of Students Affairs staff.
- Providing vision and leadership for new student services initiatives and ensures the continual improvement of student support programs.
- Developing campus life and encourage student participation and leadership through a variety of campus activities, student clubs, and student council
- Identify and provide resources to support availability of a wide variety of activities and opportunities to engage all students, faculty, staff, and external community members
- Developing and maintaining effective collaborative relationships with departments and units at the University
- Implementing of best practices in counseling services within an ethical framework and the highest professional standards.
- understanding student services needs on an individual basis, and initiates recommendations to appropriate student and/or academic services; advises students on policy issues, acts as student advocate, and resolves problems as necessary
- Preparing students with required tools by providing them with professional job seeking skills: Resume and portfolio preparation, Interviewing &networking techniques
- Assisting students in achieving career-related experience via: Internships and Part-time employment
- Working close with Counseling Center to provide consultation regarding student’s psychological concerns
Student Affairs Unit Components:
- Student Council
- Student Sports
- Student Counselling
- Student Career Development
- AFU Clinic
- AFU Alumni