English Language Proficiency
To complete the requirements for admission, applicants must have an English language proficiency test score in order to place them in an appropriate course. Applicants may be placed in either non-credit English courses or undergraduate credit courses depending on their proficiency in English.
The following guidelines have been developed:
- All students must take an English language proficiency test unless they present an official certificate of English proficiency on an international standardized test indicating that their score meets the required level for their program of study.
- If the English language proficiency test results indicate that students need to improve their English skills, they must register in non-credit English courses.
- A TOEFL score of at least :( Paper based minimum of 500, computer based minimum of 173, & IBT minimum score of 61) or an IELTS minimum score of 5.0 for undergraduate admission for the College of Business.
- TOEFL score of at least paper based 450, for undergraduate admission for the College of Mass Communication. Or IELTS minimum score 4.5
- AFU prohibits Applicants to all undergraduate programs offered at AFU to have Exemptions from providing English Language approved test score based on applicant’s citizenship or attendance of English–medium secondary school as they will NOT be accepted to be admitted in any Undergraduate Programs at AFU.